Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mint

Every now and then I become intrigued with a particular color. For the longest time I only surrounded myself with blacks and greys, but as I age, I am increasingly interested in color. At the moment I have fallen in love with anything mint.

I have been checking in with a blog called Oh Gracie Pie. Miss Gracie often posts images of interior design. I am all about making a home a refuge and the way a place is decorated can impact the atmosphere and the level of comfortability. 

A recent Oh Gracie Pie post offered up the below image.


































Minty! How incredibly calm. I'd love to sip tea in a kitchen like this, while engaged in a conversation with a loved one. It is my belief that home...whatever home is..should be a place of serenity. If at all possible. If financial means allow, if lack of financial means allow, I think it is helpful to exist in an environment that helps. A place that helps you in one way or another. A place that makes you grateful to have it.

I love the idea of a chandelier in the kitchen and the white dishware that compliments the mint. The black knobs offer a striking accent and the steel sink and dishwasher offer a modern look. I know nothing about interior design but I am loving what I'm seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment