Friday, July 15, 2011

Tohato Caramel Corn

I just made a new discovery. Today I was in one of my local Japanese markets and I came across Tohato Caramel Corn.

Matcha Green Tea flavored Caramel Corn

I purchased this Matcha Green Tea flavor. As you can see by the images on the bag the snack look like Cheetos puffs and they actually have a similar consistency. They're really fun to eat. I found that this snack didn't actually taste of green tea but it was good none the less. Throughout my exploration of green tea snacks and candy I've found that the taste of tea can present as quite strong and bitter or next to nothing.

Watermelon flavored Hello Kitty Caramel Corn

This flavor was not in the market I shopped in but I am dying to try it. Being that I am a Hello Kitty fan this product is all the better. I am always intrigued by watermelon flavor snacks because the watermelon flavor is never truly captured. It must be difficult. Have you ever had a watermelon flavored Jolly Rancher candy? Doesn't taste like actual watermelon does it?

Strawberry Flavor Caramel Corn

Vanilla Ice flavor Caramel Corn

Peach flavored Caramel Corn

Buttered Toast flavored Caramel Corn

Ramune (an awesome type of Japanese soda which is marketed to kids) flavored Caramel Corn

 Tahato Caramel Corn comes in other flavors such as Mango Pudding, Chestnut, Honey Roasted Nuts, Almond, and other flavors.

 Unfortunately the market I visted didn't have a great variety of flavors. I guess I'm going to have to go hunting!

2 comments: