Sunday, July 17, 2011

Westboro Baptist Church protests SlutWalk Seattle 2011

I've written several posts on the topic of SlutWalk. To read one of my posts on SlutWalk Los Angeles 2011 click here. If you don't feel like reading a post I'll give you the gist here. Earlier this year a Toronto police officer stated that if women were to cease dressing like sluts then they could avoid rape and sexual assault. Thus SlutWalk was born.

I've been keeping up with SlutWalks taking place in various areas as it is has become an international event.

Although, I live within Los Angeles, I am very fond of Olymia Washington and Seattle Washington. Turns out that the Westboro Baptist Church visited the Seattle SlutWalk. I have been familiar with the Westboro Baptist Church for a very long time and as a Progressive Christian I can tell you that their God is not my God.



To learn more about SlutWalk and to see how you can participate visit the official website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment