Sunday, December 26, 2010

Next Year's Christmas

So, recently I was perusing one of my favorite blogsites, Twinkie's Blargh. The blog belongs to Twinkiechan! who is an amazing crochet artist. She crochet's mostly scarves and they are all food themed. I've bought several of her scarves and I am thrilled to have them.

Anyway, below is an image from her blog which reveals a close up of her Christmas tree. I fell in love!


(source)

I am usually not a fan of pink but I found myself falling in love with the look of this tree. Being that I'm also obsessed with cupcakes, this tree suits me well.

I have come to find that pink Christmas trees aren't really an original idea. If you look up images on the internet as I did you will see a million of them. Ah well, it's new to me! Next year? I'm getting myself a pink tree!


(source)

To be honest I haven't celebrated the holidays in quite some time. For the last four years I've been working on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I'm sure I sound like a Hum Bug but I haven't felt the desire to have the traditional and not to mention obligated holiday feast with the family. I'm not all that close with my family and I no longer feel connected to the holidays as I used to.


(source)

Over the years Thanksgiving has become less about giving thanks and more about a traditional meal and stale, repetative conversation. For my family there is no longer a coming together of love, thoughts and ideas but rather a boring exchange.


CutieGoodie’s Etsy shop

Christmas...
Well, I love the twinklie lights..I can't get enough. I love the city when it's decorated and there are some holiday movies that I really enjoy. Other than that Christmas has held less glee and less sparkle over the years.


(source)

This year I actually didn't have to work and I spent the day with a friend of mine. We watched movies and chated about this and that. It was a day well spent.


Cupcake Ornaments
from Kiwi and Kiki’s Etsy Shop.


Next year I think I'm going to put some effort in to Christmas. But it's going to be Christmas MY way. I am well aware that most of my friends will be spending the actual day of Christmas with their families. But I think I will set a day aside where I can gather friends and we can sit around a pink tree and eat grilled cheese sandwiches, root bear, shirley temple drinks and cupcakes for dessert. Sounds good to me!

A day of togetherness, decoration, fun food and good cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment