Thursday, March 4, 2010

Irises tea cups


Irises (1889) Vincent Van Gogh

Irises is one of my favorite painting. For some time I have been planing a tattoo based on a strip of the painting.

To offer a little history of the piece, Irises is a painting by Dutch artist Vincent Van Gogh. Irises was painted while Van Gogh was living at the asylum at Saint Paul-de-Mausole in Saint Remy de Provence, France. It was painted the last year before his death in 1890.


(source)

I came across the above image which I immediately recognized as an Irises print. I only wish the tea cup was for sale!

After seeing this lovely cup I was curious if I could find others. I found much tackier and gaudier pieces. These pieces are actually for sale. They are not my style but fun to gander at. If you care to make a purchase click on the link below each image.


(from sweetheart collectables)


(from borderway collectables)


(from tealand)

No comments:

Post a Comment