Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Charlie Sheen cupcake? Really?

When I heard about the Charlie Sheen cupcake I didn't know what to make of it. I thought..wow have we sunk to a new low?



Sweet Avenue Bake Shop in Rutherford, New Jersey created this Tiger Blood Cupcake. It is a blood orange with blood orange infused mixed berry filling topped with vanilla filling. A portion of the proceeds from all of the Tiger Blood cupcakes will be donated to Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida to help with the care and feeding of their big cats which includes tigers.

I of course could have refrained from posting the news of this new cupcake but after a while I began to think of the cupcake as very symbolic. On the one hand I thought, why should I give this guy anymore publicity? But really this guy is a flavor of the week just like this cupcake.

Those of you who read my blog know I adore cupcakes. Is this one tainted? I'm sure it tastes yummy but keep perspective people. Whether you dig Mr. Sheen or not his private life has nothing to do with us. And this seeming car wreck is not something to celebrate. His fame has increased because his rants have titillated us.

I have no interest in supporting Charlie Sheen novelty items. This cupcake is not the only Sheen influenced conversation piece. Companies are selling Tiger Blood energy drinks, Charlie Sheen T-shirts, and more.

So, let the madness end with this cupcake! No more Charlie Sheen worship!

No comments:

Post a Comment