Saturday, March 26, 2011

I love the Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell!


(source)

A friend of mine told me about a video on YouTube called "The Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell". I've gotta say this is probably the most brilliant video I've ever seen. It's tacky and that's what makes it great. I'm often a fan of tacky. Tacky clothes, tacky painted buildings, tacky concepts galore.



A couple of youngsters lip synching the song. Here's to making a tacky song even tackier. Love it!

Lyrics
I'm at the Pizza Hut (What?)
I'm at the Taco Bell (What?)
I'm at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

[Verse 1]
I'm at the Pizza Hut. (What?)
I'm at the Taco Bell (Naw)
I'm at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Wait... we're at the Pizza Hut (What?)
We're at the Taco Bell (What?)
We're at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

We at the Pizza Hut (No...)
We at the Taco Bell. (No...)
We at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Didn't I tell you? Tacky = Brilliant.



The men responsible for this song is the rap duo Das Racist.
Apparently the song has been around for a while. In a 2009 interview with the Village Voice Das Racist is asked,

Did you immediately conceive of it as having a sociopolitical context? Are you commenting on American over-consumerism and corporate proliferation? Is this a joke that everyone thinks is a graduate thesis, or vice versa?

H: EVERYTHING WE DO HAS A SOCIOPOLITICAL CONTEXT. THIS IS THE BURDEN OF THE MINORITY MAN. DID YOU KNOW THAT 1/3 OF ALL THREE-YEAR-OLDS IN URBAN AREAS ARE OBESE? I'M ALMOST POSITIVE I READ THAT ON THE INTERNET.

V: WHY ARE YOU VALIDATING THE FALSE DICHOTOMY OF JOKES VS. SERIOUS SHIT? WHY ARE WE TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS?

I've checked out some of their other songs on YouTube and I'm not impressed. But I will say that I love their pizzahut/taco bell so much that I'd even set it as my ringtone.

No comments:

Post a Comment