Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Joy of Books

I love books,  I crave books. I am am always chipping away at a stack of them. I am never done. All this Kindle crap has me nauseous. If books die, I die (pardon the melodrama). I love the feel of a book in my hand, I love the aesthetic. I love looking at the books on my shelves. I am proud of my collection and so grateful.


The Joy of Books

Uploaded by crazedadman - Below reads what is posted on the YouTube video.

After organizing our bookshelf almost a year ago (http://youtu.be/zhRT-PM7vpA), my wife and I (Sean Ohlenkamp) decided to take it to the next level. We spent many sleepless nights moving, stacking, and animating books at Type bookstore in Toronto (883 Queen Street West, (416) 366-8973).

Everything you see here can be purchased at Type Books.

Grayson Matthews (http://www.graysonmatthews.com/) generously composed the beautiful, custom music.

But none of it could have been done without all the volunteer hands who shelved and reshelved books all night, every night. A special thanks goes out to:

Lisa Blonder Ohlenkamp
Mike Takasaki
Hannah Charlick
Liz Walker
Andrew Carty
Filipe Da Luz
Ruth Ann Cachero
Justin Turco
Adam Tuck
Michael Groppo
Curtis Denomme
Shannon Farrell
Steffi Raike
Jean Marc Douville
Mikhail Ferrara
Clayton Vrenjak
Rob Sturch
Marie Rupolo
Nery Orellana
Mike Greco
William Chong
Terri Vegso
Michael Leishman
Emma Leishman
Mike Kolberg
Ryan Speziale
Natalie Mathers

No comments:

Post a Comment