Saturday, June 30, 2012

Glass Mermaid Necklace by Glass and Fire

So very excited about this one. Etsy makes my heart beat, pitter patter. This piece is from Glass and Fire.

















Shop Owner, Ron Murphy, has this to say about his mermaid creation:

Mermaids said to be the mythical guardian of the Sea. The sighting of a mermaid is said to have inspired the love of many mariners. Perhaps the sight of this one will inspire love in you. Take her home with you and let her guide your journey.

















The colors of this necklace are divine. My descriptions cannot serve them justice. Is the body a color of peach? Perhaps Kombucha tea. The speckled torso is truly unique; and the white shimmer of her tail is reminiscent of the inside of an oyster shell.

I am grateful that the mermaid is baring her breasts just as are the portraits within mythology. Yes, bare breasts; not Disney shells. *eye browse raise*

I am also grateful for the solid make of the chain. Too often I find great pendants with horrific and cheap chains which I end up having to replace. 


















I have yet to name my mermaid guide. I'll give that the time it deserves.

To view more pieces from the talented, Ron Murphy, visit Glass and Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment