Sunday, May 20, 2012

Skeleteens Brainalizer Energy Soda Drink

In high school I often spent time at a coffee shop in San Pedro, CA, called, Sacred Grounds. This old stomping ground still resides (although it has since moved locations). The shop was a local hang out frequented by punks young and old. Friends and I would watch the bands of our other friends play for open mic night. We'd look at the wall hung paintings created by local artists and avoid late night brawls outside of the shops doors. We'd hang out on old comfy couches and chairs in dim light or sit on the sidewalk against the outer side wall of the building.

Not once did I purchase a coffee drink at Sacred Grounds. Each and every time, I purchased a Brainalizer soda. This drink is certainly a bit of nostalgia for me.






















The soda consists of Siberian Ginseng, Gotu Kola, Goldenseal, Dill Weed, Echinacea, Ginko Biloba, Dandelion, African Capsicum, Beet Juice and Carmine for Natural Color.

From what I recall the face label mentions a taste of jalapeno. It is a sweet drink with a kick. You won't find this soda in most stores. It's pretty much retired. But it is available online!

I just purchased a 24 case of it from Taylors Market. Each soda bottle contains 12 oz.
You can purchase single bottles at Soda Emporium and Old 52

Can't wait to get this in the mail. High school memories, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment