Monday, February 6, 2012

"Ryan Gosling, Lindy Hopper" meme

The Ryan Gosling meme is ridiculous. But now that there's a new Lindy Hop themed tumblr site, I admit I'm a wee bit interested. The meme started out as "Feminist Ryan Gosling". Being that I'm a feminist you'd think that would have struck a chord with me. I was turned off by it because I knew what it stemmed from.

When the film Blue Valentine came out, Gosling made a great feminist statement about the fact that the film was initially rated NC-17, which was unfounded. It was later changed to an R rating, which was more appropriate. Gosling's feminist statement, had swooning feminists insisting that he was a feminist. The truth of the matter is, we have no idea if Gosling claims to be a feminist. It'd be great if he is a feminist, but it would be equally grand if the most unattractive men on the planet were feminists as well. I find Gosling to be a handsome man, but I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that he's a feminist when there's no way to know for certain. It's rude to assume. Even if the assumption is towards something positive, it is rude to assume.

Aaaanyhoot. Lindy Hop has been a passion of mine since I was 17. My love for it is not going to die anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, the meme is still ridiculous but now it's got a novelty that makes more sense to me. Heh.































































































 















To view more visit, Ryan Gosling, Lindy Hopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment