Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cupcake and Cake perfumes by Tokyo Milk

I've wanted to try these scents from Tokyo Milk for the longest time but I'm afraid. I don't usually like perfume. The only perfume I've stuck with since high school is a Vanilla Perfume called Vanilla Eau de Toilette from The Body Shop.

I admit part of the intrigue is the casing of this product. I'm always saying that presentation is everything. Presentation can be a wonderful revelation of art and it can also be used as a evil marketing strategy. So, when I'm suckered in close to purchasing a product because it has a nicely designed wrapper, image, or body I must pause and ask myself why it is that I want the product itself.

Below are two fragrances that I feel drawn to. Its rare that I wear perfume, but when I do I prefer light scents. I wonder if the below bottles are at all worth it.





















  
Sugar Sugar No. 52

Of course being that I love anything cupcake this perfume intrigues me.  

"Sugar Sugar No. 52 Parfum is a decidedly different collection of sweetly paired scents housed in an alluring glass bottle decorated with a yummy cherry topped cupcake illustration. A warm sugary confection, it features top notes of Coconut Milk, Vanilla Absolute, Sandalwood, and Basmati Rice ♥"






















Let Them Eat Cake purfume from Tokyo Milk

The kitschiness that is cake.

"Decadent and beautiful just like Marie Antoinette, Tokyo Milk's Let Them Eat Cake #11 perfume is a sweet & flirty fragrance featuring top notes of Sugar Cane,Coconut Milk, Vanilla Orchid, and White Musk."

Each item costs $28. Pretty steep. To purchase these visit Tokyo Milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment