Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Green Album

It's here! The Muppets compilation album!




















The Green Album features some of The Muppet's most memorable and favored songs.

When I opened the album I was greeted by images that reminded me of Shepard Fairey's work.



Perhaps the posters are meant to represent the type repetative posts that often appear on walls of big cities like Los Angeles or New York.
 

Fairey is known for his exploration of the concept known as phenomenology.

Below is the track listing from The Green Album.

1) The Muppet Theme Song - Ok Go
2) Rainbow Connection - Weezer and Haley Williams,
3) Mahna Mahna - The Fray
4) Movin' Right Along - The Alkaline Trio
5) Our World - My Morning Jacket
6) Halfway Down the Stairs - Amy Lee 
7) Mr. Bassman - Sondre Lerche
8) Wishing Song - The Airborne Toxic Event
9) Night Life - Brandon Saller
10) Bein' Green - Andrew Bird
11) I Hope That Something Better Comes Along - Matt Nathanson
12) I'm Going to Go Back There Someday - Rachel Yamagata

I'm not a fan of every artist on this compilation however I think they all did a great job here. My favorite tracks are Rainbow Connection sung by Weezer and Haley Williams and Bein' Green sung by Andrew Bird.

Truth be told, what really sold the album for me was Andrew Bird's performance. I was thrilled to learn that he was performing the wildly popular Bein' Green. It's one of my favorite Muppet songs and I adore the voice, talent (and good looks) of Andrew Bird. If you've never seen him live, you owe it to yourself to see one of his shows.

It's only fitting that he perform this song as he has covered this song in his live shows. Bird is known for his combination of vocals, violin, guitar, glockenspiel and whistling on stage. It's something great to see.





















  
(Keith Klenowski) 

To learn more about Andrew Bird click here.

To listen to tracks from The Green Album or to purchase click here.

For more information visit Muppets Music here.

No comments:

Post a Comment