Saturday, November 14, 2009

fruit is beautiful

Imagery from the internet does not do the real thing justice, however it is the best I can do from here.

I feel oh so grateful to have fruit. To have the means to buy fruit and enjoy it. Often when I eat fruit I make certain to not only take my time with it but also to real look at what I'm eating. Additionally, I often like to somewhat dissect my fruit.


Blueberries and Raspberries

With raspberries I will sometimes pull one bead of fruit away and feel it between my forefinger and thumb. It is amazing to me that such a small bead of juice that is so delicate and simple can amount to something full and enriching once connected with other juice beads.


Cherries

Cherries have a tough yet smooth outer texture that is fun to sink teeth into.


Strawberries

I enjoy noticing the contrast of pulpy texture of strawberry that finds it's way between the indentations of the seeds.


Pineapple

Pineapple is more of a frayed fruit once cut and of course is juicy as ever.


Loquats

Loquats are one of my favorite fruits but I haven't had any in years. A neighbor of mine used to have a loquat tree and my neighborhood friend and I would sneek over there and eat his loquats. They are sweet as opposed to Cumquats which are quite sour.


Mango


Mango

Mangoes are one of my all time favorite foods. Cutting them in the above manner is about the only way to easily pull the fruit from the skin.


Limes


Kiwis


Grapefruit

Is this beauty or what?


Grapefruit slice


Champagne Grapes

Champagne grapes are so much fun to eat when one grape at a time is taken apart. If you eat a few at a time it's like little bursts in your mouth.

Now, why would my descriptions of fruit be of any use anyone? I suppose that's up to you but I find that the way I appreciate fruit has led me to appreciate other things by their simplicity. Whether it be a person, time, food, a bed, weather, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment