Saturday, November 28, 2009

Scary Tea


(source)

Aaah! Does this frighten anyone? Doesn't this look like the most intense drink ever? Too much!


(from flickr user tinyturkeyturkey)

This one looks a bit more appealing. However, you won't see me ordering this tea any time soon.

Boba tea aka "bubble tea" aka Pearl Milk Tea originated in Taiwan in 1980. Pearl milk tea, also known as "boba milk tea", is traditionally made by adding boba balls (made from a mixture of tapioca and carrageenan powder), large or small, to shaken milk black tea.

When I first tried this tea I enjoyed it but really couldn't stand the tapioca balls. Some shops allow you to order the drink without the tapioca which is good news for me.

Or perhaps I can suck up the tapioca balls and use the large straws as a "pea shooter" like device.

Just because I'm a tea lover, don't assume that I love boba tea! It scares me and I pray I won't have boba dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment