Saturday, November 28, 2009

Giving Tree cakes and some food for thought

I just posted about Shel Silverstein's childrens' book The Giving Tree. A book that many cherish and one that I certainly adored as a child. Eventually, I came to realize that although there are aspects of the book that can be learned from, the tree was ultimately an enabling figure.

In my earlier post I uploaded some images of Giving Tree themed tattoos. I found the artwork to be quite appealing. I feel the same way about the blow images. It seems that in one way or another The Giving Tree has made an impact on so many who have come to know the book.


From cakesbycarrie


From chocolatedoesntcrumble


By flickr user Pastrybitch

So, what does the Giving Tree mean to you? Is the tree an example of true purified love or is she co-dependent?

No comments:

Post a Comment