Sunday, November 22, 2009

Italian or French?

At the moment I'm sipping on a mango Italian soda. Yum yum yum. It's been a while since I've had Italian soda.



I'm sure there are various syrup brands however, most likely you'll find Torani at your favorite coffee shop.



Although, I enjoy Italian sodas I much favor French sodas. What's the difference? Simply creme.
I began drinking French sodas during my junior year of college at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.

I remember visiting a little eatery on campus on the weekends after the gym. The woman behind the counter would always recommend a great combination of flavors to try.



She also explained to me that if I ever decided to make French sodas on my own I needed to remember to pour the half and half cream first and then the syrup and club soda. The fat in the half and half weighs down the syrup and allows it to mix well. If the half and half is poured last, you'll end up with clumps of half and half throughout the drink.

For anyone who wants to peruse the various flavors from Torani, you can visit their webiste at Torani.com. The site offers information as to where Torani syrups can be purchased and availability for syrups to be purchased online.

I'm interested in tasting Guava, Honey Vanilla, Hibiscus, Watermelon and White Peach Honeysuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment