Sunday, November 22, 2009

mancala and smores

Several years ago I discovered a game called Mancala. Seemed to be a game that most had heard of except me. Once upon a time I worked at a shelter for runaway youth and Mancala was frequently played between staff and residents.



Mancala's history stems from many African and some Asian societies. Heh, it was at the shelter that I came to love Uno and Scrabble. All I need to do is learn to knit and I'm set. I'll be boring all around. Actually I do want to learn to knit. Hmm..



It was actually just a few years ago at this youth shelter that I had a smore for the first time. I know many a jaw are dropping to the ground.



I was remember being afraid of the fire flames and therefore asked one of the kids to toast my smores for me. Or as I referred to them..."sugary torches of doom."



Ah, mancala and smores. Sounds like a good time to me. I think I'll have to start hosting mancala and smore nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment