Sunday, November 1, 2009

mug love

Mug love and tea cups...



There's nothing like a good mug! I am a big fan of tea and coffee and general coziness. I think a cozy blanket, a hot drink and a cozy mug and a good book is a grand time.

I have taken to collecting mugs. While it takes a lot of room in my kitchen cabinets I think it's worth it.


Diner Mug with Spoon by Michael Naples

Sometimes I'm in the mood for a diner mug. That kind of mug that always seems to appear in a dive diners to chain diners.


Evil Cupcake and Evil Cherrys Mug by Audra Jensen

And sometimes I'm in the mood for something playful and fun. I have an obsession with cupcakes so mugs with cupcakes on it are up my alley.


(source)
Just purchased this Tea Club mug


Recently I've taken an interest in Japanese and Chinese tea cups.





Below are tea mugs from the Tea Appreciation Society





It's odd that a mug with the word tea on it seems so calming and not redundant. Heh. But I have always loved the word tea. The simplicity of it and oddly the three letters are aesthetically pleasing. Weird.


(source)
Bee House Tea Mug


(source)
Pouch Tea Mugs


(source)
Celadon Glazed Pottery Mug

I'm loving pastel glazed mugs as they bring about calmness.

What is it about mugs and cups that seem to make things right? Perhaps because we put our mouths to them, and warm our hands with them.We drink from them and feel nurtured. Yep, that sounds about right.

Here's to mugs and cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment