Saturday, May 7, 2011

avacado cupcakes by Cupcake Project


The Avocado Lime Cupcake


Photo and recipe from Cupcake Project


Recipe makes 16 cupcakes

Cream:
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 C + 2 T sugar
  • 2 C Flour
  • 4 Eggs

Mash Up in Food Processor (you could probably easily do this by hand if you were able to use 2 hands):


  • 2 avocados
  • 1 t of strong lime juice (I used Volcano Lime Burst - I found it at Whole Foods. The link is for a 24 pack, I just bought one as I'm not a expecting to have to bunker in my house and survive on lime juice any time soon.)
Stir avocado mash and zest of 2 limes into the creamed mixture.
Fill cupcake wrappers. Bake at 350 for 30 min.

Avocado Frosting Recipe

  • 1 avocado
  • 1 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup of butter

Mash the avocado and mix with the butter and powdered sugar.

Lime Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
  • 4 C powdered sugar (I recomend that you sift it)
  • 1 t lime extract (I couldn't fine lime extract at Whole Foods so I bought it here.)

Mix the cream cheese and butter. Add the powdered sugar and lime extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment