Monday, May 30, 2011

Christians vs Fans: Bill Maher's Opinion On Christians Who Favor the Killing of Osama Bin Laden

As a Christian woman I was waiting for someone in the media to speak up about this matter.


Real Time with Bill Maher - May 13th, 2011

In a 60 Minutes interview earlier this May, Obama rehashed the events that lead to the killing of Osama Bin Laden. Obama made the statement that, "Anyone who would question that the perpetrator of mass murder on American soil didn't deserve what he got needs to have their head examined."


I remember thinking at that moment, "I guess I need to have my head examined." I suppose it's an unpopular opinion however, in the last month I've come to realize that it's not as unpopular as I would have guessed.

No doubt Bin Laden did bad things. He was a man who felt comfortable promoting hate and influencing others to hate. Yes, he murdered. I am not a fan of murder and therefore I was not pleased to hear that he was shot.

Under the circumstances it may have been the only way to capture him. This is what the news reports are saying. We all know that we cannot always rely on news reports. At least I hope we all know. So, I don't think we will truly know the ins and outs of the situation.

Ideally, I think it would have been better if Bin Laden was tried and sentenced. I highly doubt the majority of the American people would have been pleased with this decision and Obama may not have been as popular if he had made the decision to leave him physically unharmed.

I'm pleased that Bill Maher spoke up about this. I'm not always pleased with Mr. Maher's opinions but sometimes I think he nails it right on the head. This is one of those moments where I think he got it just right.

I respect Obama as a president and I do think he has concern for our country. This however is a decision that does not settle well with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment