Wednesday, February 3, 2010

J Crew shows us that they are not afraid to objectify men

What do you make of these images from J Crew? Ridiculous? Offensive? Sad? I'm not sure how you feel but these are just a few of the words that came to my mind.



I am not a consumer or fan of J Crew's clothing however I did happen to come across this new line of advertising in which models pose with prominent erections protruding through their pants.



I have no way of knowing how the models in these photos feel about putting themselves on display like this however if I were one of these men I know I would feel mocked and objectified all for the purpose of selling some clothes and receiving a paycheck.



Most often in our society we see images of female body parts next to cars, beer and whatever else in order to hock product. While I certainly do believe that it is woman that are more often objectified in our heterosexist, sexist culture, I am still unnerved by the image of a man objectified.

Want to contact J Crew? Here's their contact information. Let them know that you don't appreciate their marketing tactics.

EMAIL :contactus@jcrew.com

Phone: 24 hours a day, seven days a week at: (800) 562-0258

Snail Mail: J.Crew Customer Relations
One Ivy Crescent
Lynchburg, VA 24513-1001

No comments:

Post a Comment