Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lady Gaga's tea cup

I have admired Lady Gaga's artistic avant garde style. It seems she has been quite taken with the image of a tea cup and has used it to accessorize her various outfits. This is delightful for me as I greatly enjoy the creativeness of her costuming and I love the elegance and tackiness of vintage tea cups. So, much that recently I began collecting them.

Lady Gaga had this to say about her purple vintage tage cup to a British reporter.

“She hasn’t got a name but she’s quite famous now, so I made her stay in today. I take her everywhere because she makes me feel at home."

It turns out that Lady Gaga's tea cup even has a facebook page. I love the idea of that. To view the page click here.

She added, “I’ve made a habit of drinking out of china because it makes me feel grounded. I don’t think it’s a good lifestyle to always be eating and drinking out of paper. It’s very wasteful.”










Lady Gaga has even taken to wearing a tea cup inspired outfit.



This outfit has been reported to be based on the design of a china tea cup.



Vintage tea cup in Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" music video.

I hope to see more tea cup incorporated into Lady Gaga's work.

I feel that a tea cup is a beautiful extention when placed in one's hand. A beautiful gaudy ring, metallic nail polish, tattoos, henna. These are all things that make one so very aware of their hands and limbs. A tea cup can offer this as well. There is beauty in tea, there is beauty in tea cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment