Saturday, April 16, 2011

bacōn cologne

Bacon is everywhere. I eat bacon every once in a blue moon. I can't actually remember the last time I had a bite of bacon. Even so it seems I am continuously faced with bacon themed products. Here's another..



I had to check out the website to see if this was a joke. It doesn't seem to be. To check it out yourself visit http://www.fargginay.com

Pronounced "bay-cone". Sold for $36

From the website:

The Revolution has begun...

The year was 1920 and quite by accident John Fargginay, a Parisian butcher discovered the ability to dramatically elevate his customers' mood with a secret recipe blending 11 popular pure essential oils with the essence of...bacon. As the story goes, film stars & heads of state would frequent his shop to procure the magical elixir. With a wink of the eye and the secret code, "fargginay," customers would be slipped a discreet pouch containing the formula said to trigger pleasant memories. After a massive fire on July 4, 1924, the business was lost and so was the formula…Until now. Ladies & gentlemen, behold, bacōn fragrances, by fargginay. The time has come to uncover a new level of awesome.

Our Story

A person's sense of smell is intricately linked to human memory, profoundly influencing people's ability to recall past experiences. As the youngest of 8 kids, one of my most vivid memories as a child is waking up to the smell of my mother cooking bacon. That aroma was the one thing that could get me out of bed like the house was on fire. In our journey to recreate John Fargginay's legendary elixir, we engaged hundreds of people seeking feedback on what bacon meant to them. Our findings were staggering. Every person who consumed bacon associated some fantastically positive memory to it. The most common being, "Bacon reminds me of home." When I learned of the legend of John Fargginay, I knew it was time to seek out and uncover this magical elixir and modernize it for the 21st century. In memory to John, we bring to you…bacōn fragrances, by fargginay. Unquestionably, “scent by the gods”. Enjoy!, JFL

From FAQ

Question: Do these fragrances smell like bacon?

Answer: Yes and No. These are sophisticated aromas. There is a top, middle and bottom note. Both Bacōn Classic and Bacōn Gold are comprised of essential oils, herbs and the essence of bacon. The bacon is the bottom note. Hidden in just the right place. It's there alright, and the real fun's in finding it.

Question: Were any animals...or models harmed creating these fragrances?

Answer: No :)

Question: Are these fragrances considered a cologne or perfume?

Answer: Each fragrance is designed for both men and women. Pick the scent that appeals to you and uncover a new level of awesome.

Question: What is the difference between bacōn Classic and bacōn Gold?

Answer: Each differ in many ways but bacōn Classic is best characterized as a spicey maple aroma and bacōn Gold, a memorable sizzling citrus. Both however offer the same potency of the secret formula.

Why is bacon so trendy? Don't get it. Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Just the way you described it makes me want to have that perfume for my brother. Even though it's small. I'm gonna go to their website and check it.

    I'm using pheromone cologne as my perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious as to what the cologne smells like. I can't imagine that it truly smells like bacon because I highly doubt anyone would want to smell like meat.

    If your brother hates the cologne don't blame me!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete