Saturday, April 16, 2011

A day of Japanese goodies

It had been a while since I had made a trip to a Japanese market for candy goods. Yesterday I stopped by one and picked up some things.


Meji Gummy Choco Strawberry Flavor

I hadn't tried these before but have seen them in Japanese markets on plenty of occasions. Whenever I try something new in a Japanese store it really is a risk as I don't really know what I'm buying.


Nabisco Picola Peach Sticks

The store didn't have any green tea Picola which disappointed me. I love the green tea flavored sticks and the green tea is actually a bit sharp tasting. More like traditional green tea than sweetened down flavored green tea items.


Meji Cappuccino Lucky Stick

I'm always up for a good coffee/latte/cappuccino candy treat.



Botan Rice Candy

Rice candy is always a must whenever I stop by a Japanese market. These have been a favorite of mine since childhood and I always get a kick out of being able to eat the wrapper. It melts in your mouth!


Melon Ramune

I'm always telling people to try Ramune. I guess it's technically a kid's drink (or so I'm told) but it's so much fun! The cap pushes down a marble that makes the drink fizz and the marble is caught in the neck of the bottle.


Ajitsuke Seasoned Nori

Another treat. I had a friend when I was little who used to eat Nori and she got me hooked on it. Turned out she was a bad friend but the Nori has stayed with me all these years!

No comments:

Post a Comment