Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lace in Music Hall Dress

I wasn't sure about this one first. Modcloth labeled this as, "Lace in the Music Hall Dress". I do see how this could be a dress that one might wear to a symphony or some "sophisticated" event. I think it's the long capped sleeves and the model's tied bun, earrings and lipstick that give the air of "music hall."

I wanted to convince myself that this dress could pass as a vintage dress; being that that is a style I often pursue. It misses the mark; however, I do see myself wearing this dress with some vintage t-strap heels.






















The color of the dress is "cream", which is a color I love. I also love lace (but not always) so I couldn't resist it.






















Modcloth often sells dresses in which the underlay is shorter than the overlay. I dislike this very much. Being that the lace is see-through; this dress will appear shorter than I prefer. Again, there is so much that I like about the dress that I couldn't pass it up.






















The hidden zipper isn't as hidden as I'd like it to be. It's more like thick risen stripe down the spine.






















To find this dress, visit Modcloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment