Monday, November 16, 2009

why I don't post photos at work


(credit: gamespot.com)

Recently a co-worker commented on the fact that I don't have any photos of loved ones posted in my office. I realized that I do seem to be the only employee that doesn't have photos posted. All of my fellow psychiatric social workers have photos of their husbands, boyfriends, fiances, kids, friends, pets. All of the psychiatrists, nurses and activities staff members.

And what is it about cats? Kittties galore! Photos of cats, calendars featuring cats..


(source)

I've been thinking of getting fish. When I do, I'm going to snap a photo of them swimming around a pirate ship! Sounds cuter than cats if you ask me.

Anyhoot..

I don't think there is anything strange about posting photos in an office or cubicle but I personally don't feel the need. I cherish the people in my life however, I don't feel comforted by a photo of them during a work day.

I suppose I really do separate work life from everything else. In a former post I mentioned that I adore tea and coffee and feel that my tea and coffee time is something I often savor. I choose not to drink either during work hours. While I enjoy my career it's not soothing or relaxing. I think I just want to truly experience my relationships when I've clocked out. Is this really so strange?

No comments:

Post a Comment