Saturday, January 9, 2010

dolls, candy and crowns

We are all broken dolls and together tiaras..


by ariel (wingsinthewater)

More and more I have been thinking about this. More and more I see how we are all brains. I'll sit from my corners and watch the variety. A mother snapping at her daughter, a man walking towards his BMW, a child desperate for attention. Two embracing, laughter that I cannot dissect or quite analyze, or clop clop of business shoes. These are all seem so far fetched from the simplicity of what is inside our skulls. Sometimes we forget how human we are. In our joy and in or our dissonance we forget to practice humility. We forget that we are not above anyone else. We forget our neighbor and we forget ourselves.

Our tiaras are our shells. You and I wear them each day. Whether it is the subtle nod to a co-worker, the obligated handshake or the "have a nice day" to anyone we depart from. Formality can suck the spirit from us but yet it is all we can muster when we are in the spotlight of certain circumstances.


(source)

Even in the day to day...don't we become tired of putting our best foot forward? Is there a way for us to remember and reveal authenticity rather than the formality that places us at a distance from true emotion, affect, personality? I would think that as awkward as it might be, as daring as it might feel, it would leave a much sweeter taste in our mouths. I don't know about you but I'd like to suck on some candy.


(source)

And all I know is that I am not comfortable with this tiara and this doll skin doesn't breathe.


(source)

As I get older it becomes tougher and tougher..


(source)

As I get older it feels more and more unnatural to carry on this way. We are all broken dolls and together tiaras. I'm not quite sure how to break this concept. Perhaps just being aware is a start.


(source)

I know for myself that even after awareness I can become lazy. It's so much easier to follow others and put on the business attire and speak the language of professionalism. But is it as necessary as we make it? Must we lay it on as thick a clown makeup? I'm making a deal with myself to relax a little. To be human at work, to be human with the person giving me change at the coffee shop, to be human with the person with the person I open a door for, and to recognize this as a triumph over the monotonous play.

No comments:

Post a Comment