Friday, January 29, 2010

great tea cup finds

I love tea. I love it's delicacy, it's simplicity and it's beauty. As of late I have become more and more fascinated with vintage tea cups.

For some time now I have been collecting coffee mugs as I think there is nothing like a good mug. The aesthetics add to the experience of curling up with a cozy warm drink. Now, I have branched out to tea cups. There is something so grand in the tackiness and delicacy of vintage tea cups.

Below are three that I just purchased. I can't wait till' they arrive!

I realize that I love just looking at these images. Just as I enjoy viewing images of cupcakes, tea and tea cups gets my attention.


Royal Vale Mint and Gold Cup and Saucer
From Antiques to Jewelry

I had been looking for a mint green shade and here I found one complimented with a delicate gold lace design. I love how the base of the cup is smaller and then spreads our towards a bulbous top.


Retro White Porcelain Teacup Trios with Strawberries
From the The Oxford Tea Party

I had been looking for a strawberry pattern eureka I found it! This kitschy retro pattern has a gold trim which I love. The strawberries gives off a childlike feel and a sort of 70s theme.


Vintage Muave & Gold with Stars Porcelain Tea Cup and Saucer
From Ebay

I love stars and as evident by the above tea cups I am favoring gold lately. I enjoy the contrast of the metallic against the dark mauve.

I hope I have enough room in my cupboards for this new hobby of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment