Sunday, November 1, 2009

Simple Ceramic Beauty by Rae Dunn



The ceramic workings of Rae Dunn..



I first saw this "calm" plate randomly a few months ago. Just looking at a white background like a blank canvas with the simply word "Calm" across it actually brought forth a sense of calm within me.

Why is that?

I touched upon this topic in a former post called "Everything Will Be Alright". It seems that affirmations allow the brain to go one of two directions. Avoidance or reappraisal. When we need it most simple encouragement can go a long way.

Here Rae Dunn seems to understand that. I find her pieces to be quite simple, and I think that is were the beauty lies.










"I Never Knew What Enough Was.....Until I had More Than My Share"

















"Solace."






"Luck."


"Laugh."


Rae Dunn creates other pieces such as vases and even ceramic pears.


Ceramic Pears

To learn more about Rae Dunn and to purchase her artwork visit these websites.

Official Website

Etsy page


Blog site


Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment