Friday, December 25, 2009

Alexander McQueen and his 10 inches of fantasy

I just finished writing a post about my slowly growing admiration for Lady Gaga. Initially I hated her music and there are many of her songs I continue to dislike. I have grown fond of a few of her songs and although I could do without the typical nakedness that seems to appear in most pop videos, I do love the avant garde costumes and modern dance that Lady Gaga is unafraid to experiment with.



In her video for the song "Bad Romance" she wears these amazing 10 inch shoes that I just learned are designed by a fashion designer named Alexander McQueen.



Alexander McQueen definitely has a flair for the dramatic and I must say it works for him.



His pieces are simply works of art.

















Of course like so many designers he uses models that are incredibly skinny. It's a shame. I do give props to these ladies though, as they seemed to maneuver in these shoes quite nicely.


Alexander McQueen runway show 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment