Thursday, December 31, 2009

French Macaroons at Starbucks?!

Just recently I posted on the topic of French Macaroon cookies.
To read those click 1) here 2) here 3) here 4) here and 5) here.

How funny is it that now Starbucks is carrying mini French Macaroons! I stopped into Starbucks and there they were. An assortment of coffee, pistachio, raspberry, chocolate, lemon and vanilla.


(source)

A box costs $9.95. I visited the Chateau Blanc website and it seems that they only sell a variety of French bread.


(source)

I enjoyed these little treats. Although they are imported from France and I can only hope quality cookies (as these types of cookies originated in France) I am eager to try French Macaroons from other pastry shops.

I have discovered a website Pierre Herme where I can purchase French Macaroons from France.


(source)

These assortments look so beautiful I am so excited!

(source)

I found another amazing website that sells French Macaroons in various French shops or online. Laduree.


(source)

The cookies come in elegant boxes and come in a variety of flavors such as Chocolate - Bitter Chocolate - Vanilla - Coffee - Rose - Pistachio - Raspberry - Blackcurrant Violet - Caramel with salted butter - Red Fruits - Orange Blossom - Liquorice - Lemon.

According to their website their seasonal flavors are Coconut - Mint - Amande - Spice and soft fruits - Chesnuts - Praline - Lemon Cedrat.


(source)

To view their facebook site click here.


(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment