Monday, December 21, 2009

Sakura Nail and Spa in New York has me mesmerized

As mentioned in an earlier post I have never had the desire to have a manicure or a pedicure but lately I've been thinking about taking my love of cupcakes to my nails. I've also considered searching for someone who could pain a cup of tea or a tacky 80s unicorn on my nails. Hee!

Below is nail art from Sakura Nail and Spa in New York. All photos are from this source.



I love these cupcake nails. I don't like the cupcake facing outward or rather towards the viewer but these are still pretty special. The bigger glitter pieces appear almost octagonal and give off a hypnotizing and reflective translucence.



I'm a lover of Hello Kitty as well and these are pretty damn awesome. The white kitties look quite bold against the black and I love the faded black glittered against the white on the far right finger.



Flowers and glitter. Cannot get enough of glitter.



Above is fruit with a trail of ants. Love it. A very cute idea. There's something almost vintage about it.



Ice cream cone! I really love the blended metallic color. How long has this style been around? Is this what I get for staying away from nail salons all my life?

Well apparently I will soon be hunting for a good nail salon in my area in the near future, but not for a french manicure that's for sure! Nail art here I come!

2 comments:

  1. wow thanks for checking out my blog!! stay tuned for more nail art posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I can't wait! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete