Saturday, December 5, 2009

candy surge at Nijiya Japanese Market

Today I went to Nijiya Market which is a Japanese market. I did some experimentation with Japanese candy. There are a few selected treats that I am familiar with however, I decided experiment with items I knew nothing about. The gamble is that I do not read Japanese so I don't necessarily know what I'm buying. Some packages come with a picture which displays the product and others do not.


(originally posted by
Sherima Away Until Saturday)

Picola Green Tea Flavor Waffers

I picked these green tea waffers up which I quite enjoyed. Picola comes in other flavors such as chocolate which is most common. I have an affinity for green tea and the green tea is distinct in it's grassy taste.


Uha Puccho - Peach Flavor Chewy Yogurt Soft Candy

I didn't know the name of this item when I purchased it. I typed in "Japanese Peach Candy" in google images and it popped up. The image is a bit misleading. The peach flavored dots do not appear on the surface of the candy but rather inside.


(source)
Botan Rice Candy


I am hooked on Botan Rice candy. I have eaten this candy occasionaly since childhood but I have fallen in love this time around and have stocked up on this stuff.


(source)
Kasugai Litchi (lychee) Gummy Candy

It's been a while since I've eaten this candy. Kasugai comes in a world of flavors so if lychee flavor doesn't suit you there are many others.

I can see that I will be pursuing further trips to Nijiya Market to gamble on other mysterious Japanese candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment