Saturday, December 5, 2009

over the moon for ramune

Today I made a trip out to Nijiya Market which is a Japanese Market that I like to visit every now and then. I purchased some Ramune Soda. I've posted on Ramune in the past. To read that post click here.

Ramune is known for the design of its bottle. The codd neck bottles are made of glass and sealed with a marble. To open the bottle, a plastic piece that pushes the marble inward. The plastic piece is provided with the bottle. The marble is pushed inside the neck of the bottle and causes the soda to fizz inside. The marble is caught in the middle of the drink where it rattles around while drinking.

Youtube user InnerAnomaly's video - Ramune Soda Bottle Opening



I love Hello Kitty and so I usually favor purchasing Hello Kitty Ramune. Or in other words it's Ramune with Hello Kitty pasted on the front. Is it sad that packaging can have such an affect? Certainly, a marketing strategy that works well.

The flavors I found at the market were few so I decided to see what I could find elsewhere.

I found a website called asianfoodgrocer that sells various Japanese eats. For $1.78 various flavors of Ramune soda can be purchased. There are a few flavors that I'd really like to try.


Melon Flavor Ramune Soda


Peach Flavor Ramune Soda


Mango Flavor Ramune Soda


Litchi Ramune Flavor Soda

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Thanks for the plug to AsianFoodGrocer.com :) (This is the Webmaster for Asian Food Grocer) We actually contacted our manufacturer in Japan and requested some new flavors. I believe you can expect bannana, blueberry, teriyaki, watermelon, melon, green apple, and more in the next month or so.

    Also for putting up such an awesome post about us here is a discount code for Ramune Sodas for all of December. Just entre the code during checkout and save!!!

    Discount Code: RAMUNESALE
    Expires: December 31, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!
    Thank you kindly for the discount code. I'll be sure to use it. I'm excited about the new up coming flavors! Thanks for letting me know!

    I was curious..do you know if you plan on receiving other flavors of Pocky? I've recently learned that a lot of flavors such as kiwi, peach and honey exist out there.

    Also, I'm am so curious about the various Kit Kat bars that are sold in Japan. Gingerale, Peach, Sweet Corn, Green Tea. There is a site where they can be purchased however it is in Japanese. Any chance those might be sold at your site in the future?

    Thanks so much for the info!

    ReplyDelete