Wednesday, August 24, 2011

what to do with your energy

"'I must be aware of bad things, and guarded about bad things, and I must watch out for bad things by trying to guide myself toward good things.' You can't do both at the same time. You can't watch out for bad things, and allow good things at the same time. It is vibrationally not possible."
~Abraham Hicks
 This is an amazing quote and a difficult way of being. From a young age I have been a pessimist. I always assumed that bad things would hapen to me and often they did. Nothing overtly tragic but I had difficulties. Eventually I moved onto being a person who would "prepare for the worst, hope for the best." This was actually an improvement as I had almost always assumed that the worst possible scenario would take place. Somewhere down the road I moved on to a place of cautious optimism. This is where I often stand. As of late I've been trying to rewire my little pea brain towards consistent positivity. I don't expect it to be something that will take care of itself within months. It will be an on going practice. 
Abraham-Hicks is saying that one cannot be cautiously optimistic but one must focus on the positive. How difficult! It is different. I have been reading books by Abraham-Hicks and they say that one cannot say to themselves, "I do not want X, I want X" as that is still bringing forth negative energy. One must focus solely on what they want.
I am still learning and do not claim to have this concept down pat. If you are at all interest in the workings of Abraham-Hicks I give you a little disclaimer. Abraham-Hicks write books that are supposedly "channeled" by a spirit guide. I don't buy it. But I have found that as ridiculous as it is, the information is quite helpful. They focus on the law of attraction and intention. Their work is in keeping with the work of spiritual teachers like, Wayne Dyer and Echkart Tolle. Good stuff.
Abraham-Hicks Facebook Page
Abraham-Hicks Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment