Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Green Temple

It's time that I posted about one of my favorite restaurants. Unless you live within Los Angeles County you may have little interest in this. But hey, if you ever come by my neck of the woods this is definitely a place you should try.













(by Justin Bonanno)

Green Temple is a vegetarian restaurant in Redondo Beach, CA. It has a very hippie/zen atmosphere which I love. How wonderful it is to nourish my body in an environment that is so peaceful and full of color, texture and sound.











(by Justin Bonanno)

 According to the website, 85% of used ingredients are organic. Food is bought from farmers markets and more mainstream markets such as Trader Joe's Market and Whole Foods Market. Green Temple only uses whole grains and no white sugar or processed ingredients.
















(joan.s.) 

One of the many aspects of Green Temple that pleases me is that many of the dishes are gluten free. I've recently taken up a gluten free diet as a trial run. I have no idea if I have a gluten sensitivity (as sometimes gluten sensitivities do not present with noticeable symptoms but can have negative effects) however I have been researching the benefits of living gluten free. Gluten can affect mood, energy, thinking, and concentration.

If you're going to do the diet right then one must stay clear of gluten free foods that are high in calories and fat and stay focused on fresh fruits, veggies and meats. So, thank you Green Temple!











(by Justin Bonanno)

Not all entrees are gluten free. So, for those of you who heartily consume wheat (one of the no-nos when you are eating gluten free) there is plenty of it on the menu.






















(by Justin Bonanno)

One of the dishes that I really like is a food bowl that you can create yourself by choosing from a list of ingredients. Tonight I trotted over to The Green Temple with a pal and we both ordered some tea to start off with. I had a glass mug full of mango vanilla tea. I then had a bowl of black beans, rice, veggie medley and guacamole, topped with tofu sauce. I was a happy camper.






















(by Justin Bonanno)

As mentioned earlier the restaurant is in Redondo Beach which in itself is a nice place to be. Beach cities often are. Fresh, clean air, quaint shops, and organic food restaurants in abundance.

For more information on The Green Temple visit the official website here.
To visit the facebook page click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment