Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Twinkie Chan and Her Amazing Cake Hat


Who's that girl?!






















I wanted to show off Twinkie Chan's new hat but I figured I had to jot down a blurb about who she is. Otherwise, for those of you who aren't in the know, this is just a random cutie chick with an awesome dessert themed hat. So, keep reading and when you are up to speed I'll get back to the hip hat.

I've been a fan of Twinkie Chan for a very long time. To read one of my former posts about Twinkie Chan click here. This post will give you detailed information about her work, along with great photos, and video footage.

Basically Twinkie Chan is a crochet artist extraordinaire from San Francisco. Being that I am obsessed with cupcakes and any aesthetic that is food themed, Ms. Chan is right up my alley. She crochets mainly food themed scarves but she also crochets, purses, tissue box covers, pendants, cup holders and more.

Here's a taste of her creations. Below are just three of the scarves that I actually own.














  This one is my favorite of all my Twinkie Chan stuff. I am obsessed with cupcakes and I love strawberries.






















Toast is one of my favorite foods. So simple but so perfect. A very cozy food, a very munchie food. Toast is also very random and I dig random. 






















Grapefruit is not one of my favorite fruits. I have to be in a particular mood to consume a grapefruit. Even so, I find them to be one of the prettiest fruits. Fruit is so beautiful to me. The textures, the scents and the intricate presentation.

Ok, as promised back to the hat..






















Twinkie Chan bought this hat from Locketship.  The shirt is from Miss Alphabet. She posted these pics on her blog or "blargh" as she refers to it. According to Twinkie Chan the cake plate is actually sparkly. I'm a sucker for glitter so that makes me happy.

This hat seems very Alice in Wonderland to me. Tea and cake and quirkiness all around. That's my stuff!

Though I have never considered myself to really be a stereotypical "girlie girl", I do enjoy quirky girlie as I call it, and Twinkie Chan is definitely the epitome. Creative with a hint of oddity!






















Resources

For more information on Twinkie Chan visit her official website here.
(You'll love it. You'll be greeted by a refrigerator that will open when you click on it!)


Visit Twinkie Chan's blog aka "blargh" here.

Visit Twinkie Chan's Yummy You page!
(Twinkie Chan is moving towards bringing her treats to the masses. Her online store isn't up and running yet but she's making strides)

Visit Twinkie Chan's "I Eat Yucky Stuff" blog here.
(Twinkie Chan has a blog dedicated to some of the strange food items she eats or dares herself to try. It's fun. I love this website!)

No comments:

Post a Comment