Saturday, August 27, 2011

i'll go without bread

So, I've been on this gluten-free kick for a little while now. I'm learning more about more about gluten and how it can be harmful. I'm learning that gluten can affect a number of wellness issues including mood, concentration and memory.

Being that I have been living gluten-free and have to modify my eating habits I have cut out most bread products. Its strange that I hardly miss it at all. This is a good thing as I always had a difficult time staying away from bread before this little experiment. I could live on bread if I wanted to.

I kept hearing about gluten-free bread but had no interest as I assumed it would be horrible. Today, I was moseying around Trader Joe's Market and I figured since I was there I may as well check out the bread. I found a couple of gluten-free loafs and I was horrified just looking at them.

















(source)

I picked up one of the loaves and instantly I felt...that I was under dressed. It seemed that I should be wearing an Academy Awards gown, staring into a grand audience and tearfully uttering, "Wow, this is a lot heavier than I thought it would be."

In other words it was a brick. I couldn't believe how heavy it was. After the trauma, I figured, I'll just go without bread.

4 comments:

  1. lol....hopefully our gluten free cupcakes don't end up as door stoppers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've quit bread products too. Well, any grains really. I feel kind of shitty! I think it was because I was living off bread and carbs and it will just take a little time to adjust. Did you feel horrible for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sollunadm,

    I know! Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Thanks for taking a chance on gluten-free cupcakes for me!

    ~Lady J

    ReplyDelete
  4. agoraphob,

    Thanks for stopping by again! Feel free to add yourself to my follower list!

    Well, I've been gluten free for about a month now. I'm not feeling poorly. But I suppose everyone's body is different.

    Why have you decided to exclude grains?

    I've been doing some other things to continue the road of health. If you're interested check out this link.

    http://ladyj-in-lotus-pose.blogspot.com/2011/08/health-fads-i-didnt-know-it-then-it.html

    It's a long one so if you do decide to read it, brace yourself. Ha!

    ~Lady J

    ReplyDelete