Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Ballet Project

I'm very excited about this project. The Ballerina Project is a series of  photographs which feature professional dancers and non-pro ballet students. The photos were taken with traditional photographic film and not with digital cameras.

I have been dancing ballet on and off since I was five. I've never performed and nor have I ever cared to. If did decide to perform, I would have had to dance on pointe. I have refused to wreck my feet in that way. Flat ballet slippers are perfectly elegant on a foot but I do find that pointe shoes offer a grace and line that flat slippers cannot.

I wish  I could have been featured in some of these photographs! Below are just a few samples from the project.















 A perfect example of how elegant but how dangerous.






















I can't get over how amazing this is. A ballerina in front of a Misfit skull graffiti.





































To learn more about The Ballet Project or to make print purchases, visit the official website, here.
To visit the official The Ballet Project facebook page, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment