Saturday, November 19, 2011

The girl who doesn't wear makeup is jealous of this new glittery crimson red Candy Apple lip gloss from Lime Crime

I haven't worn makeup since the year 2000 and I haven't worn lipstick since 1997. Even so, every now and then I find myself admiring the sight of a bright red lipstick. Every now and again I curiously peruse a makeup website called Lime Crime. The website sells extremely bright and creative makeup which come from the mastermind of Doe Deere.

Below is a new lip gloss that will be available for purchase on November 28th.






















I'm in love with this image. The contrast of glittery crimson and dripped upon the shined gold apple and tied with a Snow White-esqe blue ribbon are great combination. Doe Deere has great shaped lips and I am in love with glitter so I am tempted to purchase this Candy Apple lip gloss from the new Carousel Gloss collection. The collection is limited and according to the website, it will last until the end of Winter.






















Each tube of gloss comes in a twisty transluscent bottle that resembles a candy cane. Each tube costs $17. Colors include, Loop-De-Loop (midnight blue with iridescent sparkle)Cherry On Top (pink-red with rainbow sparkle)Golden Ticket (lamé gold),  Kaleidoscope (plum-purple with turquoise sparkle) and Candy Apple (ruby red with crimson glitter).

I have no idea when and where I would wear these lipsticks. I think I would feel greatly uncomfortable walking out the door in lipstick. I'd feel very out of place. I'd feel as though I was on my way to perform in a play! Heh! It's funny how many moons ago I was one of those women who felt that she couldn't leave her house without make up. I felt naked without it. Now, I'm a person who feels like I cannot leave the house WITH makeup.

Even so, my curiosity persists. Lime Crime's Lip Noir collection features a lipstick called Glamour 101.

The above look appeals to me as I love the contrasting colors. I myself have fair skin and I love the vintage look of crimson and light skin. I also love that the woman's eye shadow (or lack there of) is not pigmented. Her eyes are merely lined with liquid eyeliner.


Here is Doe Deere sporting this shade with her perfect pout.























One of the things I love about Lime Crime is that their tubes of lipstick come in a purple base with sparkly unicorns!

To buy or not to buy? If I were to make this purchase the tubes would be sitting in a bathroom drawer for who knows how long. It'd have to dare myself to wear it! I own a couple of  Lime Crime's shimmery loose powdered eye shadow years ago but haven't worn it. I purchased the Nymph Magic Dust Eyeshadow, Medusa Magic Dust Eyeshadow and Empress Magic Dust Eyeshadow.


For those of you who are more certain about makeup and like what you see here, visit the official Lime Crime Makeup website, here.






















To visit the official Doe Deere blogsite, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment