Friday, November 25, 2011

Forbidden Fruit by Free Humanity

I'm a big fan of street art and found myself lucky when a few weeks ago I came across the work of Free Humanity while driving in down town Los Angeles. To take a gander at my findings, read my blog, Street Art Sightings in Los Angeles. Since then I've come to find a blogsite dedicated to the wonder that is street art. On this day, Melrose and Fairfax: A Celebration of Street Art in Los Angeles, posted the below image.















Here Free Humanity presents an apple bomb piece. Looks more like plum bombs to me. Poignant and pretty none the less.
















A stenciled bomb squad is displayed onto cardboard below that apples.

















Here lays a wayward apple ripe for the picking. A passerby can take this right off the tree. According to Melrose and Fairfax, in May of this year, Free Humanity did an installation piece called Forbidden Fruit. Real apples with grenade tops affixed to them were found hung from a tree. The LAPD lept into action by shutting down the Metro station and calling in a bomb squad.

To learn more about Free Humanity, visit the official website, here.
To learn more about Melrose and Fairfax, visit the blogsite, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment