Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Marla"

"You're the worst thing that's ever happened to me"
~Marla Singer






















"Marla"
2007
16″ x 20″

Helena Bonham Carter played Marla Singer in the 1999 film Fight Club. Fight Club is an adaptation of the 1996 novel Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.






















"Yeah, you're sorry, I'm sorry, everybody's sorry, but... I can't do this anymore. I can't. And I won't. I'm gone."
Marla was strong willed, quirky, wild, tragic, tough, yearning and nutty woman. She used to steal food from delivery vans and clothing from laundromats to survive. She attended various support groups including a testicular cancer support group in order to find support and comfort. They were "cheaper than a move and there's free coffee." Stella Im Hultberg captures all of the characteristics of Marla.

Im Hultberg was born Seoul, Korea and came to the states to study art design. Her work appears in exhibitions across the country. She often works with oil and ink and on tea stained paper.

For more information about Stella Im Hultberg visit her official website, here.
To visit her official blogsite, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment