Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cupcake matryishkas by Bobo Babushka

I just discovered these creative painted matryishkas by Irene Hwang aka Bobo Babushka. To purchase visit her etsy page. The below dolls are from the Miss Cupcake Pageant series.






















Miss Blackberry Cupcake is my favorite of the three. I love the aesthetic of blackberry cupcakes and I am delighted when I come across them in person or on web pages.

Miss Blackberry has a vintage flapper feel with a flare of noir and mystique. She comes decked out in a blue black glitter dress. Rockin'.






















Miss Strawberry Cupcake has a yummy cupcake in her hand and a tacky prom dress-dress. She's shy and meek and her lack of confidence shows. But she gave it a good effort!

In case you haven't caught on, the descriptions I'm giving are from my own imagination. They are not that of the artist.






















The winner of the pageant is Miss Lemon Meringue. She's a little ditzy but truly grateful for her winning title. My vote was for Miss Blackberry but Que Sera, Sera.

2 comments:

  1. Just found this page...hilarious! I like your descriptions of the gals better than my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by. I'm glad that I happened upon your etsy page because I am now a big fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete