Saturday, December 31, 2011

Strawberry Cupcake Tea from Adagio Teas! Others to Explore!

Those of you who read this blog, know that tea is one of my many obsessions. As big a tea fan as I am, I've never really branched out to gourmet teas. I'm always skeptical. Adagio Tea was selling a Strawberry Cupcakes Tea for a while that I knew I just had to try.



















Unfortunately, I waited too long and it is no longer sold. I emailed the Adagio website last night, asking if it will return to stock.

I learned that the Strawberry Cupcakes Tea is actually a Signature Tea. Adagio allows consumers to create their own blended tea! You submit your idea for a blend and they may sell it! First you'll taste your own tea to make sure it actually tastes good. You also get to name your blend, add a picture of your choosing to the bag cover and add a background story. How wonderful is this? To check out information about how to create your own signature blend, click here.

When I discovered the Strawberry Cupcakes Tea, I also stumbled upon a Blackberry Ice Cream Tea.






















This seemingly to good to be true tea is also gone and I don't think it'll be returning. I emailed Adagio about this tea as well.

Each tea comes with the types of tea used to blend. I decided I could mix my own tea! While this idea excites me, I don't know which percentage of tea to blend together. I don't want to end up with ghastly tasting teas and being that I am unaware of the formulas, the experiment might result in disaster. I'm going to try anyway.

The Strawberry Cupcakes Tea consists of Vanilla Tea, Strawberry Tea and Cream Tea. I'm seeing that the Cream Tea seems to be a favorite.













It is often used as a base for dessert tea blends.

The Blackberry Ice Cream Tea, consists of Blackberry Tea, Vanilla Tea and of course Cream Tea.

As I searched the website I discovered more enticing blends that are no longer in existence. I don't know why they leave the blends up on the website if they are retired. It's not fair to leave us yearning.

I saw a Black Forest Bliss Tea, that has me curious. Of course it's not available.






















I've never had Chocolate Tea and the idea of chocolate and tea seems odd to me. The Black Forest Bliss tea consists of Chocolate Tea, Cherry Tea and Cream Tea.

Lastly, I will be attempted to blend a Peach Muffin Tea. Another tea that is no longer available.















 The Peach Muffin Tea consists of Vanilla Tea, Cream Tea and Peach Tea. I'm not sure how that translates into a muffin.

As it seems I am dipping into the world of gourmet teas. Hopefully I'll come out okay on the other side!

Photo Credits
Photo 1: Katy's Kitchen
Photo 2: Use Real Butter
Photo 3: Adagio
Photo 4: Foody Recipe
Photo 5: In Sock Monkey Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment