Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Passing of Jerry Hicks

A while back, a friend who knew I was having a hard time, suggested that I read a book called The Law of Attraction by Abraham-Hicks. She knew that I was an admire of mind and spirit speakers such as Dr. Wayne Dyer and Gary Zukav. Both speak about the law of attraction. Those of you who follow Wayne Dyer are most likely familiar with this publication, The Power of Intention.

I purchased the book, The Law of Attraction many months ago and found myself drawn. The only issue I had with it was a big one. But now it is of medium size. The book is supposedly "channeled". Now, don't walk away from this post as I almost walked away from the book.

Yes, Esther Hicks and husband Jerry Hicks have been through quite a journey and believe that they have met a spirit guide named Abraham. I don't believe it. If you do not believe it either, you can still gain from their writings. to redirect your attention more and more in the direction of the things that you actually do n

From The Law of Attraction:

"When you look away at something and shout, "No, I don't want to experience that; go away!" then what you are actually doing is calling it into your experience, for there is no such thing as ,"No" in an attraction based universe. Your attention to it says, "Yes, come to me, this thing I do not want!" Fortunately, here in your physical time space reality, things do not manifest into your experience instantaneously. There is a wonderful buffer of time between when you being to think about something and the time it manifests. The buffer gives you the opportunity to redirect you attention more and more in the direction of things that you actually do want to manifest your experience."

Jerry and Esthers' work will continue despite the fact that Jerry is no longer with us. I was shocked and saddened to hear that Jerry passed away. Here is some of what Esther had to say.

Excerpt from a special note from Esther:

Our sweet Jerry made his transition into Nonphysical last Friday. How sweet the Vortex is feeling to him today! Jerry said to me when we came together over 30 years ago that given the difference in our ages that it was likely “that I will cut out on you early,” to which I replied, “I don’t mind.” His joy of life and continual new discovery of purpose kept his life feeling fresh and we shared such joyous eagerness for life. I am such a fortunate girl, to have been able to play with Jerry and Abraham and all of you for so many wonderful years and I am so eager to continue doing more of the same for many more years to come. I feel certain right now that not only has nothing gone wrong, but things are going especially right. It will be different, for sure, but it will also be very, very good. I’m feeling such love for you all, and for Abraham and most of all for Jerry. And as I have said to him a thousand or more times through the years, “Well isn’t life just a kick in the pants?” 
Love, Esther

Esther (or Abraham-Hicks) has spoken about death and what it means. As a Progressive (liberal) Christian I believe in God and the God I believe in differs from the Universe that she speaks of. Different from the Source that so many other spiritual teachers speak of. Often these teachers will acknowledge God but usually not in the Christian sense. That is fine by me.

Esther believes that Jerry has ventured off into a wonderful place and that his energy will continue. I don't know how much sadness Esther is experiencing. I am curious if she is truly finding gratitude in this experience or if she is grieving as well.

I am curious as to how Esther will move on in her endeavors. But one thing seems certain; Abraham-Hicks isn't going anywhere.

Take a look at what Abraham-Hicks is all about. This is really advanced stuff. It's not easy, it takes practice. 


Abraham-Hicks On Fine Tuning Manifestation

From the website:

"By the Universal Law of Attraction, you are attracting the essence of whatever you are choosing to give your attention to — whether wanted or unwanted. And so, you often create by default. But you can know by how your emotion feels if what you are attracting (creating) is what you are wanting or if it is not what you are wanting. (Where is your attention focused?)"
From a facebook post: 
"Because others cannot vibrate in your experience, they cannot affect the outcome of your experience. They can hold their opinions, but unless their opinion affects your opinion, their opinion matters not at all. A million people could be pushing against you, and it would not negatively affect you unless you push back. They are affecting what happens in their experience. They are affecting their point of attraction—but it does not affect you unless you push against them."
You can see now, why this is so challenging. It takes a lot of redirection and lot of learning. My little pea brain has a long way to go. I do harbor doubt. I do have questions. I assume that I will find answers as I continue to learn more. I think that pain is important for our learning. It is in our best interest to move on from pain and that is where I think that the teachings of Abraham-Hicks can assist. Sounds like I've got a lot of fine tuning to do.
Jerry Hicks was a great part of the Abraham-Hicks process however, it was Esther who was supposedly channeling Abraham. That is why you see Esther speaking in the above clip.
Jerry's passing is a sad one and I do not fully grasp the excitement that Esther has chosen. That is alright.

Abraham-Hicks Speaks About Death. From Grief To Joy.

From the website,

"Jerry's life reads like a celebrity bio: circus performer, juggler, boxer, singer, gymnast, radio show host, comedian, millionaire entrepreneur. In his words, "Every dream I've had—every dream since I was a little boy—they've all come true."

I am pleased to know that Jerry Hicks lived such a fulfilling life. I do feel saddened by the news of his passing. I imagine that there are exciting things to come and that is the wonder that Jerry and Esther have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment