Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cute items for Ghost World fans


Daniel Clowes cult classic Ghost World comic book was translated into a cult classic film in 2001 by Terry Zwigoff. The main character "Enid" is played by Thora Birch. Her best friend and side kick is Rebecca played by Scarlett Johannson. Both are sarcastic, witty and cynical teens that have completed high school and are struggling to find a path to set footing on. Both are anti-social and find it difficult to rebel against the mainstream world. The film is very much and anti-teen film and that makes it wonderful.

I think those who admire the film so much most likely have been able to relate to the girls in one way or another. I can say for myself that this is true.

One of my favorite elements is that many parts of the movie are filmed in San Pedro, CA which is my home town.





Doc Martin boots and thrift shop clothing. A staple for me in high school.






The amazing Steven Buscemi as "Seymour"

***





"Little Enid" Doll
Found at fantagraphics.com



"Tiny Enid" wallet by The Black Apple aka Emily Martin
I purchased this years ago from www.buyolympia.com. I'm not sure if they still sell this item.


Enid Doll complete with mask!
Can be found at Toytokyo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment