Saturday, August 15, 2009

If You Give A Cat A Cupcake

Laura Numeroff writes childrens books. She is known for books such as "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie", "If You Give A Pig A Pancake" and "If You Give A Moose A Muffin". Her books aren't all food themed. She also has such titles as "If You Take A Mouse To The Movies" and many more.

I was on Amazon purchasing a cupcake related item and discovered a Numeroff book entitled "If You Give A Cat A Cupcake". Being that I have an obsession with cupcakes and I enjoy a good child's book, it caught my attention.



According to Amazon.com the book involves a girl (who apparently was in the If You Give A Pig A Pancake book) and a cat who get into some crazy hijinks with cupcakes.

I do remember the Numeroff series as I used to work in a bookstore many years ago. I remember thinking the books were cute. I am an avid reader so the next time I make a trip to the book store I may have to wander into the childrens section. I think I'll probably check out the If You Give A Pig A Pancake book as well as the title sounds so delightfully random.


(ucclermont.edu)
One of the 2009 winners at the 4th Annual Edible Books Festival

As I was looking for information on the book, I discovered that Clermont College in Cincinnati celebrated their 4th Annual Edible Books Festival on April 1, 2009. Students, staff memebers and certain organizations are allowed to particpiate. The two rules state that the project must include a book and must be edible.

Numeroffs books are meant for kids ages 2 and up. Heh..uh..how up there are we talking? Either I have a childlike spark in me or I am regressing.

For more information on the work of Laura Numeroff head over to www.harpercollinschildrens.com or Amazon.com or locate your local book store.

No comments:

Post a Comment