Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Where The Wild Things Are" cupcakes

Anyone remember the book Where The Wild Things Are? Of course you do. I still have my copy from childhood and I have a small wild thing stuffed animal that I purchased in my teens.


For those of you who don't remember or are actually unfamiliar the 10 sentence book tells the story of young Max. One night Max is sent to his room without his supper as punishment for talking back. Max enters his room only to let his imagination take him on a wild adventure. He encounters mythical creatures or "the wild things".

Part of what makes Max so adorable..and freakin' awesome I might add is that he wears a distinctive cute white wolf suit.



Flicker user Clarissa Avila created these two amazing Wild Thing themed cupcakes.


Made by Clarissa Avila on Flickr
Moishe and Max cupcakes

What better treat to accompany a reading of the book or....the movie!



Yes, my friends Where The Wild Things Are has been adapted into a film directed by Spike Jones.


Where The Wild Things Are - Trailer


I can't wait!!!!
Seriously....I would love a Max costume...I'd wear it damnit! It'd be fun to play in. A day of making forts and eating Wild Things cupakes? Anybody in?

No comments:

Post a Comment