Monday, September 7, 2009

Evil pastor receives equally evil threats


Pastor Steve Anderson

Pastor Steve Anderson has been of topic in the news lately. I wasn't going to post anything about this as I felt there wasn't much I could add. But now I think I'll say a little something as I am saddened by equally offensive responses to this evil man.


News Coverage

Pastor Anderson has been quoted as saying, “I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today."

During his sermon attacking Obama and wishing for his violent death, Anderson said, “God Hates Barack Obama, I hate Barack Obama. I hate Him. God wants me to Hate Barack Obama.” Because Obama is pro-choice, Anderson says, “Someone who commits murder should get the death penalty.” He prayed for Michelle Obama to become a widow and for the Obama girls to become fatherless.

I am glad that there have been so many who have protested this man's statements. Yesterday protesters gathered around the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona church for a "Love Rally".


Dr. Reverend Tina Campbell protests Pastor Anderson


Protester Randall Homes holds up sign

Leonard Clark to organize Sunday’s love rally. He also started a Facebook group called
People Who Are Against Clergy Who Preach Hate. “We plan on doing (a rally) every Sunday until the reverend stops preaching hate, until the reverend stops advocating murdering people for their sexual orientation,” Clark said.

Pastor Steve Anderson has been receiving death threats from since this story broke out. I must say that as much as I disagree with Anderson's beliefs I am sad that so many are stooping to his level by preaching their own hate. I don't understand how the individuals who have threatened Anderson do not understand that they are contradicting themselves.

Haven't we all heard the saying, "hate breeds more hate"? I do not believe that this "pastor" is a Christian man. Unfortunately those who do not approve of President Obama now have a man who they feel validates their anger and takes it to an extreme.

So, what can we do? Well, unfortunately I have not been able to find an address or email address for Anderson. I encourage those who have his contact information to write peaceful letters rather than a barage of hate. Yes, Anderson is cruel and shameless but he is also a person. Why not pray for the man rather than sending him death threats? Perhaps his views will never change but he is a human being just like the rest of us and has been gifted with free will just like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment